MOBILE CRANES INTRODUCTION
(a) Truck mounted
(b) Crawler mounted
(c) Rail mounted locomotive
(d) Floating cranes
(e) Sky cranes
Mobile crane (power driven) includes all type of traveling jib cranes, such as truck mounted, crawler mounted, and locomotive crane on rails.Mobile cranes are hoisting devices mounted on rubber tyred trucks, rollers or railroad wheels. Most of these cranes are full-rotating. Their mountings make them a distinctive group.
- Truck, crawler and locomotive cranes have now been highly developed for industrial use and they all have many possibilities of services to any plant or terminal that has heavy handling to do.
- The choice of crane, whether a truck, caterpillar or locomotive crane is a matter of determining the equipment which will perform the work most economically.
- Where greater flexibility of movement is needed, where clearance between buildings is sight, where there is free and dependable ground and where it is necessary to "walk close to the hob", a crawler or truck crane should be considered.
- A valuable characteristic of truck, crawler and locomotive cranes is the different ways in which a standard model can be put to use by the mere change of attachments, such as electromagnets or buckets for handling of bulk materials.
- Performances factors in which various cranes differ include lifting capacity, radius of operation, hoisting speed, speed of travel and speed of rotation of the boom.
- Lifting capacity of models usually purchased for industrial use ranges from 5 to 30 tonnes.
The radius of operation depends, of course, on the length of the boom. Auto-lift models with booms up to 18 m long are standard. Boom up to 30 m long are used on special work.
The group of trackless cranes is made up mainly of pillar cranes mounted on trucks, automobiles or tractors and intended for traveling on dirt, gravel and asphalt roads.
- BELT CONVEYORS, INTRODUCTION TO BELT CONVEYOR
- EARTHWORK EQUIPMENTS AND CONCRETING EQUIPMENTS IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
- CLASSIFICATION OF CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENTS
- ESSENTIAL COMPONENTS OF BELT CONVEYORS
- CRANE OPERATORS AND OPERATIONS QUALIFICATIONS
- TYPES OF BELT CONVEYORS
- INTRODUCTION of Construction equipments, Construction Equipment Introduction
- Mobile Crane Clearances
- Mobile Crane Ground Support Capacity
- ABZ Asphalt Plant